|Photo taken by Morisa Cohen, 2013 GLHS Alum|
95% of our seniors graduated this year, with 49 students earning the title of Valedictorians. Nearly 80% of our graduates are attending a trade school, 2 year, or 4 year college, 2% are going to the military and 1.9% are going to the workforce. 214 seniors, or 40%, earned a scholarship, totaling $15 million! That's an $6 million increase over last year's seniors!
We had the largest group of teachers participate in the processional this year and it was amazing! Keep the traditional alive by inviting more people to participate each year. The total time commitment is less than an hour and a half.
|Photo taken by Kalena Falk, GLHS Guidance Counselor|
As we come to the end of 2013-2014 school year, please remember to:
- Drop off a t-shirt of your school club, sport, or event for the 2013-2014 quilt. The box is located just inside my office door.
- Attend our luncheon on Thursday, May 29th in the Cafeteria at 11:30 AM.
- Finalize grades by Friday, May 30th, by 3:00 PM.
- Check the exam duty list and report on time.
- Complete all steps of check-out by the end of day on Friday, May 30th.
Reflection is at the heart of our practice and we can sometimes rush through the last week of the year without taking the time to process the entire school year. I encourage you to set aside some time to respond (in your own way) to the following items:
- Make a list of 3 things you accomplished this year.
- Make a list of 3 new staff/faculty members you connected with whom you didn't know before.
- Write down 2 new things you learned this year.
- Write down a goal you want to accomplish before the start of the 2014-2015 school year.
|Photo Taken by Frank Byers|
Some of my most memorable experiences in life have come from being a part of GLHS. What's interesting is that none of these experiences have anything to do with things, but with people. It's always about the people, not about a program, product, or brick or mortar. I will miss you, all of you, and I am better because I've been blessed with the opportunity to work with you and for you. It's been said that you don't say, "Goodbye" to the people whom you love, but you say, "I'll see you later." Well, I'll see you later...